Arthur Wood Pottery was founded in 1884 and based at the Bradwell works in Longport, Stoke-on-Trent – the premises of Capper & Wood – and primarily produced teapots. Arthur Wood became the sole owner in 1904 and continued on until 1928 when the company name was changed to Arthur Wood & Son Ltd. The series “ye Olde Coaching & Hunting Days” started in the 1940s and continued on through the 1950s, with the primary collection being a dark amber glossy glaze with silver gilding and handle – very similar to the Ridgeway mugs of the late 1890s. This particular mug was one of 2 that were offered in this time-frame with this date stamp, slightly different than the 1950s offering. The print has almost a water color effect with the crazing and age, really in lovely condition. C 1940s made in England, measures 11 inches around, 4 ¾ inches tall and 3 ½ inches wide.