Though Cauldon Pottery was first established in 1920, the actual factory dates to 1802 when founder John Ridgeway built the Cauldon Works and created pottery there until 1855. Until 1890 the factory was used by a variety of potteries, but it was not until 1890 that the crown first appeared in the stamp, when the makers became potters to Her Majesty and it was then that the name Royal Cauldon was adopted. The backstamp on this plate indicates it was made between 1930 and 1950 with the black and white pattern being produced in the 1930s, the hunt brown is a little harder to find. Made in England, white bisque with brown transferware image of fox hunters traversing a river with their hounds, embossed dot rim, some crazing due to age but otherwise in excellent condition with one small chip on the underside of the rim on the back of the plate. C 1930s, measures 9 ½ inches round x 1 inch deep.